Fork Hill Baptist Church was established in the year of 1813. It began when two members from Flat Creek Church traveled northwest until they arrived in the community of Fork Hill. They found a group of unchurched people eager for Scriptural leadership and a place to worship. Fork Hill was a wide-open field for the Gospel because there were only two other churches within the county. There was no Baptist association until two years later in 1815 when the Moriah Baptist Association was organized. Land would be generously donated for the placement and the building of a worship center for Fork Hill Baptist Church. Our current membership today continues to worship on the same land on which the church was established.
Fork Hill Baptist Church had in its beginning a vision for people’s spiritual needs being met through teaching, preaching and ministry. This vision did not stop with just its own community; it reached beyond to others, as well. Fork Hill Baptist Church has aided in the establishment of four churches locally. Spring Hill Baptist Church was established in 1834. White Bluff Baptist Church was established in 1894. Flint Ridge Baptist Church was established in 1903. Rich Hill Baptist Church was established in 1906. Fork Hill Baptist Church has a vision for foreign missions and through the years has aided in the establishment of several churches in the countries of Brazil, Haiti, and Paraguay.
The heritage of Fork Hill Baptist Church has always included solid Scriptural teaching which has helped to develop men and women of God for the future. Through the years God has raised up people to teach and witness to one generation so that another generation could do the same for the next generation. Therefore, men and women are continuing to develop as God’s people for the future because of the vision years ago to establish a church in the Fork Hill community.